Featured
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Most famous declarations of love for New York City
One of the most famous declarations of love for New York City is the opening line of E.B. White's essay "Here is New York": "New York is to the nation what the white church spire is to the village—the visible symbol of aspiration and faith."
Here are a few other famous declarations of love for New York City:
"I love New York more than I love life itself." - Frank Sinatra
"I heart NY" – Ad campaign started in 1977 by the New York State Department of Commerce
"The city seen from the Queensboro Bridge is always the city seen for the first time, in its first wild promise of all the mystery and the beauty in the world." - F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Great Gatsby"
"New York is the meeting place of the peoples, the only city where you can hardly find a typical American." - Djuna Barnes
"There is something in the New York air that makes sleep useless." - Simone de Beauvoir
"One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years." - Tom Wolfe, "The Bonfire of the Vanities"
"I love New York City; you can pop out of the underworld, stand on the sidewalk, head uptown, and darkness flies away." - Neil Gaiman
"I love New York. You can pop out of the underworld in Central Park, hail a taxi, head down Fifth Avenue with a giant bag of money, and nobody will look twice." - Neil Gaiman
It's worth to mention that this list is not exhaustive, there's an endless amounts of quotes, lyrics, and songs about the city, also there are many personal declarations, anecdotes and stories that people have about their love for the city.
Popular Posts
Tales from the Watertank: what New York City will look like in 2025
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
How do I choose a hotel in New York City, and what factors should I consider, such as location, price, and amenities?
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment